You donít have to be a Master Gardener to appreciate the seasonal beauty of Soos Creek Botanical Garden and Heritage Center (29308 132nd
Ave. SE, Auburn, WA), just outside the Kent city limits. If youíre a
nature lover, or are new to the area, Soos Creek Botanical Garden and
Heritage Center provide a beautiful backdrop for photos and events.
These beautiful gardens feature 22 acres, including:
- Plant Sale Area
- Rain Garden and Alder Grove
- Heritage Flower Garden
- Elizabeth Fenzl Garden Room
- Hoop House and Nursery Area
- Vegetable Demonstration Garden*
- Louie/Christensen Aviary
- Schaefer Pond Garden
- Carlmas Long Borders
- Ole and Sarah Skagen Cedar Grove
- Ravine Garden
- Oie Native Woodland
- Leonard and Olive Skagen Woods
- Soos Creek Heritage Center Ė an interesting place to learn about the Soos Creek plateau and its local history!
are open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and tours
are available. Sorry, no pets though. We have four seasons in the
Pacific Northwest, but the fall is particularly colorful, so this is a
great time for a trip to Kent. Visit the gardenís website to check the weather and plan your visit!
*Fun fact: as of Sept. 3, 2015, the garden has donated 1,015 pounds of food to local food banks!